Monday, July 12, 2010

Hawaiian Wedding Phrases


Impress your family and friends with Hawaiian phrases on your invitations, thank you cards, announcements, save-the-dates, OOT bags, welcome letters, and more! Below are some Hawaiian words and phrases to incorporate into your wedding...

All my love: Aloha Nui Loa


An expression of love for a favorite: Pa'ipunahele

And with love is a kiss: Ka Honi Mai Me Ke Aloha

Attendance: Ma’ane’i

Be one in love: I Ho'okahi Kahi Ke Aloha

Beloved: Ke Aloha

Bride: Wahine male hou

Bring: Lawe mai

Celebration: Ho`olaule`a

Come celebrate: Hele mei hoohiwahiwa

Come to me: E Kipa Mai

Come to our wedding: Hele Mai 'Oe I Ko Maua Male 'Ana

Date/Time: Manawa

Deep love: Kipona Aloha

Directions: 'Ao'ao

For Eternity: No Kau a Kau

For love is here and now: Ma'ane'i No Ke Aloha

Forever: Mau Loa

From this day, from this night, forever more: No Keia La, No Keia Po, A Mau Loa

Good Luck: Pomaika`i

Groom: kahu lio

Here I am, here you are: Eia Au, Eia 'Oe

I am my beloveds' and my beloved is mine: O Wau Me Oe Kealoha A O Oe Kealoha Me Ia'a

I desire you: Nou No Ka `I`ini

I give my love to you, you give your love to me : Aloha Aku No, Aloha Mai No

I Love You : Aloha Au Ia 'Oe

I pledge my love to you alone: Ka`u Ia E Lei A`e Nei La

I Truly Love You : Aloha No Au Ia 'Oe

Invitation: Palapala kono

Invited: Kono

Just for you : Nau wale no

Let us fall in love all over again : Ho'i Hou Ke Aloha

Let us fall in love all over again: Ho'i Hou Ke Aloha

Love gives life within.: Ua Ola Loko I Ke Aloha

Love is paradise: O Ke Aloha Ka 'Iu

Love is worn like a wreath through the summers and winters; love is everlasting: E Lei Kau, E Lei Ho'oilo I Ke Aloha

Loved one: Mea Aloha

Married man: Kane male

Married woman : wahine male

May our love last forever : E Hoomau Maua Kealoha

May there be love between us (said to more than one person): Aloha Kakou

May there be love between us (said to one person): Aloha Kaua

May we create a home that surrounds our family and friends with warmth, laughter and love: E Hookumu Maua Ka Hale Puni Maua Ohana Me Ka Pumehana A Me Ka Oiloli Kealoha

My beloved : Ku`u Lei

My Love : E Ku'u Aloha

My love is yours: Nau ko`u aloha

Our love begins the union of our life together : Ho'okahi Makamaka O Ko Aloha

Our Wedding Day: Ko maua la male 'ana

Pastor : kahuna pule

Place: Kauwahi

Please join us: Ho'olu komo la kaua

Priest: kahuna

Reply/answer: Hua loa’a

Sweetheart you are so precious : Ko Aloha Makamae E Ipo

Sweetheart: Ku`uipo

Thank you for celebrating with us: Mahalo nui loa na ho'olaule'a me la kaua

Thanks be to God for this day: Mahalo E Ke Akua No Keia La

To be in a bond of love: Pilialoha

To my love: Ia Iho Ke Aloha

To secretly love: Hokeo

Warm love, affection: Aloha Pumehana

We two will cling to love in marriage: Male Ana E Pili Mai Aloha Kaua

Wedding : Male 'ana

Wedding feast: 'Aha'aina male

Wedding: Male 'ana

With love: Me Ke Aloha

With the warmth of my love: Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

You are indeed my love: 'O Ku'u Aloha No 'Oe

You two are now one, the darkness is past: Pili Olua E, Moku Ka Pawa O Ke Ao

You're mine: Na'u `oe

No comments:

Post a Comment