Monday, November 21, 2011

WHAT TO CONSIDER FOR YOUR BEACH WEDDING

What to consider for your beach wedding


When people think of Hawaii, they think of beautiful beaches. Many wedding magazines display beautiful photos of beach weddings that inspire brides and grooms to follow the beach wedding trend. Beaches in Hawaii are handled a bit differently from beaches elsewhere. Most beaches are government property, even those fronting Hawaii's hotels and resorts. They are not private and people will be frolicking on the beach, even during your wedding. Most people are respectful, but they cannot be forced away from your site. However, rules and restrictions apply, so be sure to learn about those before planning your wedding on a public beach. Although beach weddings present special issues that you would not normally consider at a traditional wedding venue, careful preparation and planning will help to eliminate any unpleasant surprises that may occur otherwise. We hope this proves to be a helpful resource to create a beautiful and joyous beach wedding experience..

COSTS:

Sometimes a beach wedding can be less expensive than a traditional wedding. Be sure to collect estimates for both scenarios and compare. It may be necessary to pay additional delivery fees, permit fees, and set up fees. It is best to select a beach that offers a pavilion or similar structure that will shelter your food and guests at your wedding. Most rental companies will not set up tents on the sand. However, they will set up tents at beach parks on the grassy area, if the government permits it. Keep in mind that you will need to provide lighting, which may require the rental of generators for electricity. You can use tiki torches, but the tropical winds may keep them from staying lit. Battery operated lighting works wonders at a beach setting.

TONE OF YOUR WEDDING:

A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably and affordably. A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in the activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats.

CONVENIENCE:

The ceremony and reception can all be held right there on the beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. If you decide to have children at your wedding, Check to see if parking and bathroom facilities are available. Note how accessible they are from your wedding location.

CREATIVITY:

A beach wedding provides an opportunity to be creative with your wedding theme and setting. Some of our clients have incorporated a very casual beach theme involving flip flops for all of the guests as favors, beach balls, a volleyball game, and a clambake. Others have created a simple elegance of flowing fabric and lighting. Your budget will determine just how far you can go with your creative visions. Your wedding coordinator will help you adjust your budget to accommodate your beach wedding dreams.

Timing

The beaches and beach parks are very popular venues, so make sure that other events are not taking place at your wedding location. It is best to have your wedding on a Hawaiian beach on a weekday, when locals are not using it for their family picnics, barbecues, and fishing adventures. A little tip: when vacationing in Hawaii, every day is a weekend day for you. Also, many wedding professionals charge less for their services on a weekday. Be sure to check the tide chart so that you set up at an appropriate distance. You certainly do not want the unanticipated waves to wash away your wedding. Lighting will affect your photography and your guests' comfort. Check where the sun will be at the time of your wedding. It is in your best interest to make sure there is shade to protect your guests and food by providing beach umbrellas, parasols, canopies, tents, and/or hold the event in the beach's pavilion. Perhaps there is a cluster of shady trees under which you can have the ceremony. We discourage receptions under the trees due to the amount of uninvited creatures that will be using them, as well.

WEATHER/BACK UP PLAN:

Hawaii is a wondrous tropical paradise, complete with lush green mountains, an abundance of flowers and plant growth, and tall swaying palms. This is part of what attracts us to the islands to get married. Unfortunately, the rain that is required to maintain this beauty may cause some disappointment on your wedding day if you are not adequately prepared. The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that you have a PLAN B.

OTHER PRODUCTS OF NATURE:

Be prepared for the wind to blow sand around, so protect your guests and your food. The wind and crashing waves may also make it difficult for the guests to hear the most important element of your wedding---the ceremony. Be sure to ask your coordinator and involved wedding professionals for advice regarding sound for the guests and for your video. The seagulls and other uninvited creatures might be interested in your wedding events, as well, so be prepared. Perhaps some citronella torches and candles to keep away the mosquitoes?? You may also want to supply sunscreen and bug repellant for your guests. Keep garbage cans on the outside perimeter of the wedding site so that the creatures stay away from the actual festivities.

RULES TO FOLLOW:

Make sure you check with the parks and recreation department regarding the rules and regulations of the beach location of your wedding. Ask about the following: Can you have candles on the beach? Can you play music into the night? How late can you stay? Is there an area nearby for open fires should you choose to barbeque? Can you set up a tent and rentals (tables, chairs, etc.)? Are you permitted to section off an area? What type of beverages can be served? Is glass permitted, or is plastic required?

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS:

Chairs may sink in the sand if you do not rent flooring to place under them. However, if you are planning a "beach blanket" reception, you will not need chairs. It is also important to consider the needs of your guests with special needs. Plan for their safety and comfort. You will need to provide them with chairs and beach umbrellas to protect them from the elements. They will also need assistance accessing the wedding site and facilities. Be sure to keep an abundant supply of water and beverages to keep hydrated. Keep a first aid kit on hand to assist the adventurers and explorers at your wedding. There are many shells and pieces of coral and lava that can easily cause injury.

The most important item to consider is that you should go with the flow of the day. Regardless of the extensive preparations you consider and put into effect, unexpected things will take place. Just treat these wedding imperfections as memories instead of mistakes. Enjoy and cherish every moment of this very special day! After all, the most important part of your wedding is you, so celebrate each other. Everyone will follow your lead.

This article was written by Tori Rogers, Hawaiian Island Wedding Planners


photo by Joe D'Alessandro Photography

61 comments:

  1. Hiring cars for weddings is not something modern rather it has been done for quite a long time. But, hiring limousines and any such luxurious cars though is a modern statement. There was a time, when a bride used to be taken to the church in a horse coach but those times are over now. With ever changing customs and rituals,

    byron bay wedding hire

    ReplyDelete
  2. To those of us living in the twenty first century the tradition that the color of the wedding dress must be white seems like a tradition that must go all the way back to the garden of Eden. After all, wasn't Eve's fig leaf ensemble not made of white satin

    garden wedding sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawaii is a good place to set up a beach wedding, I went there many times and the place never change its beauty.

    nyc catering

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beach wedding theme is a good theme for a spring or summer wedding party. There are so many good place can be chosen for your wedding destination place.2013 white cocktail dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I question when their own conclusion experienced everything to do with the lack of golf widget take-up in OSX? Panorama is easy. There was numerous widgets developed. Customers experienced the two selections. Nonetheless it does not look that will widgets fulfilled the particular promise regarding fast info. I accustomed to have got widgets in my computer, yet I do not any for a longer time... For more info visit on Transportation Services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for popping over and inviting me to link up...hope you like them..now I am off to look at all yours iOS 7 Jailbreak

    ReplyDelete
  7. With your dish suggestion, we will publish your Name, Photo, Website link on leaflet.The leaflet will be placed at the dinning place of your review. Welcome to join us!nail technician courses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nonetheless it does not look that will widgets fulfilled the particular promise regarding fast info. I accustomed to have got widgets in my computer, yet I do not any for a longer time... For more info visit onSoccer Live Stream

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I’ve learned a lot from them.Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.brick veneer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.legalseal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat leuk lijkt me dat, als ik het kon zou ik zelf solliciteren, maar ik denk niet dat ik daar de kennis voor heb. voor degene die dat wel hebben, veel succes.Howard Davidson Arlington

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post hair extension courses

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a new and safer way to achieve the same results as Coaptite. Using blood-derived growth factors to treat stress incontinence avoids the risk of granuloma formation. transfer factor plus

    ReplyDelete
  14. You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually something which I think I'd by no means understand.exercise to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am still learning from you, but I am trying to achieve my goals. I certainly enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog. Keeps the information coming. I loved it! Feather Flags

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really it is nice post, The post is clearly highlighting the values of law. It is now being necessary for all of us to understand law and its values.Five on Shenton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful, but only just NOT small enough to use for my windows-logo.Bed Sheets Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often santorini villa

    ReplyDelete
  19. You must know by now, your article goes to the nitty-gritty of the subject. Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more. Just so you know, i will immediately grab your feed to keep up to date with your online blog. Sounding Out thanks is simply my little how to make money fast

    ReplyDelete
  20. Work in a professional environment around professional people. Dental Assisting can provide great working hours, competitive pay, benefits and a chance to work in a variety of dental specialties! Most importantlyelectronic cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was no doubt a very informative blog for all those who are traveling with infants, the information you provided regarding baby food is worth considering.recuperacao de dados

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good site and good articles…\r\nI like the way you write. Your style is very smooth and I enjoy reading your articles. I think I will be back later and look forward to read more useful posts….bowtrol ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw this through Two Women and a Hoe on Facebook and just had to come over and comment. Those pumpkin planters are adorable. surf camps

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for asking. The story has a wonderful ending that my children may not have heard. My husband got a "miracle) furlough to take me home and right back again to the Marine Base and to the South Pacifc until the end of the War. But he did get back safely from the war(several of out high school friends did not). plano invisalign dentist

    ReplyDelete
  25. The only sad part about moving away from Maryland recently, was having to leave ProFIT. Now in my search for a new Zumba class, I am very nervous about what I will find. Alex set the bar very high and now I am expecting, and hoping to find, the same crazy fun she brings to her classes.new york motorcycle insurance

    ReplyDelete
  26. The only sad part about moving away from Maryland recently, was having to leave Profit. Now in my search for a new Zumba class, I am very nervous about what I will find. Alex set the bar very high and now I am expecting, and hoping to find, the same crazy fun she brings to her classes.recuperar dados

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part : I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.Incontri Ticino

    ReplyDelete
  28. Compaq International is committed to provide the highest quality power cable accessories. The company with it’s ShrinkFit trademark stands leader in India and overseas market. Seagrove Beach

    ReplyDelete
  29. I question when their own conclusion experienced everything to do with the lack of golf widget take-up in OSX? Panorama is easy. There was numerous widgets developed. Customers experienced the two selections.rumah dijual di batununggal bandung

    ReplyDelete
  30. hanks, I've been searching for facts about this subject matter for years and yours is the best I have found so far.Bank Jobs.dentists in plano tx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think this is definitely a great way to create these flyers here. So much that you can get from using and passing out these flyers here. So much good advertising comes from it I think this is definitely a great way to create these flyers here. Orlando SEO Services

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really needed the information that you gave on this topic because I had to finish my project on this topic and now I have completed it and I am gonna submit it. best dentist in plano

    ReplyDelete
  33. There is a huge craze in the market for these MUVs, I have seen these vehicles in many showrooms. A new car dealership has just launched in our area, I have heard they also have a couple of MUVs in their showroom, saltmate salt cell

    ReplyDelete
  34. Excellent post. It makes me realize the energy of words and pictures. free leads for network marketing training

    ReplyDelete
  35. I study that Publish and got it excellent and informative LOFT coupons

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.I concur with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your future updates.Jobs in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your article on Guild Wars 2 gold. But want to remark on some general things, The site style is great,the articles is really great. Vapor High USA

    ReplyDelete
  38. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well.Jobs in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like your website very much thanks for your share.all the imformation are useful for me,I will come again .dicas de cabelo

    ReplyDelete
  40. The end is not even close down here in L.A.! Hotter than, well, you know. This couscous looks so yummy. And happy blog-a-versary to you. I loved the raspberry limoncello cocktail too! dolor de cabeza

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such an amazing, and informative article, full of information, tips and more, very well written. Well done. Thank you for a very good read!! annapolis pest control

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would love to stop by. But, I think it might have to wait until this summer. I did not know that Serlkay had ever expanded its size.Jobs in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. ferienwohnung usedom

    ReplyDelete
  44. It is a nice web site. We are any recurrent website visitor of this web site. See the information within the earthquake. It had been actually sad information.iWebHostingCoupons

    ReplyDelete
  45. Really very good and brilliant ideas about Speech. I am really like your talk program. Thanks Atlanta car service

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. 2016 Honda Pilot Release Date

    ReplyDelete
  47. Home insurance, Business insurance, Auto insurance, Property insurance, Life insurance, Health insurance, RV insurance etc. All these insurance services are really very useful for the people.usedom ferienwohnung

    ReplyDelete
  48. We had several ingredients fresh from our garden. What a pretty, colorful salad. Nice combination of flavors and textures. We ohhed and ahhed with each bite.upholstery cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  49. This post is genuinely blending. I like your post and all that you oblige us is open and shockingly illuminating, I have to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have made a stunning showing.paintball Oslo

    ReplyDelete
  50. Very nice blog, i must have to say that. Thanks for the information.Fossil Watches

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks for taking the time to discuss about this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.usedom ferienhaus

    ReplyDelete
  52. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.Swarovski 2014 Crystal Snowflake Ornament

    ReplyDelete
  53. This can be a very useful post. A number of people likely are looking forward to this kind of the post with this internet site. Responsibilities that is witnessed through full groupings, just the type of ability we had to join.Change Management Models

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more.4life transfer factor plus

    ReplyDelete
  55. I needed to much obliged in your time for this sublime read!! I decidedly getting a charge out of every tad bit of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff you weblog post.limo Queens

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am really enjoying reading your well written Information. I think you spend numerous effort and time updating your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am taking a look ahead to reading new Information. Please keep up the good Information!plantation auto accident attorney

    ReplyDelete
  57. It appears as though spent lots of time and effort in your blog. I’ve saved it and i’m searching toward reading through new articles…Bridal hairstyles half up half down

    ReplyDelete
  58. Many shops charge an excessive amount of for these kinds of products. Try foldable your clothing in innovative methods will occupy less room. Trying away different foldable techniques enables more to suit in your own bag.washing machine repairs

    ReplyDelete
  59. Humans and cats have lived as companions for many centuries. They’ve been the subject of poems, movies, and poems. It’s clear why this is; cats believe they feel that they’re in charge.male enhancement vitamins

    ReplyDelete
  60. I stumbled upon your own site perfect on your own would like. Their particular details attributes wonderful along with things. We now have examine most of them along with bought a large bin off from their site. Regards on the details post. Certainly cya! Fantastic. Regards on the find out.xtrail 2016

    ReplyDelete
  61. The occupation finished up washed-up attained the tangible substance coup job they volition produced. The insight definitely designed sense in standing to image these persons the true specialists.personal injury lawyers boca raton

    ReplyDelete